Thursday, May 21, 2009

Funnies


I like it when Harmony rests her great big head!

1. We love to create new play areas for the piggies each day. They are very curious and get very excited when there is something new to explore.

One day recently I put one of their fabric tunnels on a bent piece of grid and hung it from the side of the cage to create a resting space a few inches off the floor (they like jumping up and down). I kiddingly said to my daughter, The first pig who tries it out gets a nice piece of apple (a favourite treat).

Right then, Harmony stops what she's doing and runs full speed to the new setup and jumps right in!

It was very funny. I'm sure it's a coincidence but we laughed so hard because she not only came to sniff it out but jumped up and in as if she'd been doing it all along. And I did give her a piece of apple: she earned it!

2. I came home the other day and saw my family sitting in the livingroom. I jokingly said, Honey, I'm home. Right then the piggies start wheeking like crazy. They know my voice and they know I'm the one most likely to feed them so when they hear me call out, they now always give a shoutout back. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails